FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can attend?
The Baptist World Congress is open to all Baptists.
- Do I need to be a member of the BWA?
- How do I register?
You can register with a credit card online by visiting the Congress registration page.
- What is the cost of registration?
Congress registration fees are in US$ (US Dollars).
• Individual - Adult ($350.00)
• Brazil - Adult ($250.00) - This price is only for adult participants from Brazil.
• Latin America/Caribbean - Adult ($250.00) - This price is only for adult participants from other countries in Latin America and Caribbean.
• Family ($950.00) Family up to 5 members
• Youth: 13-30 years ($225.00)
• Children: 6-12 years ($225.00) Limited availability
• Children: 3-5 years ($225.00) Limited availability
Registration fees will increase by $50 on December 1, 2019, and again on April 1, 2020. Click here for the full registration fee scale information.
- What’s included in my registration fee?
Congress registration fees include entrance to all Celebration 2020 sessions, conference materials, and onsite mission opportunities.
Registration fees DO NOTinclude accommodations, meals, or travel. Every person attending BWA Celebration 2020 must register.
- What are the methods of payment?
You can pay with Visa/MasterCard/Discover credit cards.
- Does the conference cost include any meals?
Registration fees DO NOTinclude the cost of meals. Meals will be available for purchase at the Riocentro Convention & Event Center with a variety of food trucks and restaurants offered onsite for a reasonable price.
- How do I register a group?
You can register as many people as you want in the same transaction using the Congress registration page.
- Is there a discount for groups?
- Can I pay in installments?
You will have the option of making a full payment at the time of registration or paying 50% at the time of registration with the remaining balance automatically charged December 15, 2019.
- Will there be any mission opportunities?
Yes. Mission opportunities will be available before, during, and after Congress. If you are interested in participating in mission experiences, please visit the mission opportunities site.
- Will there be a separate program for the youth and children?
Yes. Youth (ages 13-30) will have a dedicated program during the Congress. There will also be activities for children ages 3-12.
- How can my church be involved?
Your church can be involved by bringing a group, sponsoring others from developing countries, praying for the Congress, or by bringing a music or drama group.
- Will volunteers also have to pay the registration fee?
Yes. Everyone will have to register and pay the registration fee unless they have received a scholarship.
- Will there be special Congress housing?
Yes. All housing information is listed on the Congress website.
- Do you assist with travel arrangements?
The BWA Congress Office does not offer travel services.
- Do you assist with entry visas into Brazil?
We have provided all the necessary information required for visa applications. In addition, we will issue you an invitation letter that can be included with your visa application. The BWA will only issue an invitation letter after you have completed the Congress registration process. Please supply the requested information on your registration form. Invitation letters will be sent after January 1, 2020. To ensure your participation, please apply for your visa in sufficient time before the event.
- Which airport is closest/most convenient?
The recommended airport is the International Airport Antônio Carlos Jobim also known as Galeão International Airport (GIG). It is about 35 kilometers from the venue, and the average taxi cost is about $35-40 US dollars.
- What is the location of the event?
Riocentro Convention & Event Center
Av. Salvador Allende, 6555 - Barra da Tijuca,
Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22783-127, Brazil
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
Registration fees will be refunded only when written request is received in the BWA Office before March 31, 2020. An administration fee of US$50 will apply to each cancellation. We regret that cancellations made after March 31, 2020, will result in loss of the entire registration fee.
IMPORTANT: ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE on June 30, 2020. After that date, you must register onsite in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (dependent on availability).
Join Our Mailing List
Be the first to get conference updates